A landscaping staple since 1985, Living Earth® is the leading recycler of green waste and producer of organic mulch, compost and soil in Texas and Tennessee. We are seeking an assistant site manager for our Double Oak location, which is near Flower Mound and Lantana in DFW.
The assistant site manager will oversee all areas from customer service to operations. This is a busy retail location so the successful candidate must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a can-do attitude. This position must work effectively with all levels within the company from senior management to hourly employees. Assistant site managers work Monday through Friday with a half day on Saturday.
Living Earth® offers competitive pay and a comprehensive portfolio of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life flexible spending and employer-matched 401K. Paid holiday, vacation time and sick time are offered as well.
If your qualifications match the attributes below, we hope you will apply for this amazing opportunity to help grow our green, environmentally friendly, recyclable business. Email us at email@example.com to apply.
• Responsible for all day-to-day activities at the site, including but not limited to safety & compliance, operational efficiency, and oversight of site employee, contractors, and vendors.
• Support customers, and internal sales and accounting staff, with product information, invoice, statement, pricing, A/R, collections and debit/credit memo questions and other needs.
• Ability to search out and grow customer sales opportunities in the site area.
• Set the example and continuously drive a culture of exceptional customer service by setting example for team, enhancing the customer experience and proactively resolving customer concerns & complaints.
• Maintain and administer all safety meetings, storm water prevention planning, site inspections, SDS books to ensure compliance to all applicable local, state and federal laws.
Successful Candidate Attributes:
• Experience in the distribution of building products to retail customers and contractors. Counter-based experience a plus.
• Strong customer service skills
• Impeccable work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Hands on, day-to-day proven management experience
• Previous horticulture experience a plus
Living Earth® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required.